I'm So Glad to Get to Know You

Welcome to Everything For Modern Moms. This is my space to help all of you modern moms out there to find the products that you need and want. Keep in mind if there is something that you would like to see a review on that I would love to help you out. So please contact me, Amanda Miller, and let me know what you are looking for. Also keep in mind that is a great space for modern moms to come and hang out and I hope that it will become the go to for all of you modern moms looking for the things that you need. I am mom to four and I love babywearing, cloth diapering, and being able to stay home with my amazing children. Have fun looking around and make yourself at home!



USFamilyGuide.com



Tuesday, May 15, 2012

A Little About Me

I guess if you are going to be following my blog then you would probably like to know a little bit about me.  This is my offical attempt to introduce you to me and who I am.  I am going to be posting introductions to my family as well as some posts about favorite things, most used products and some posts where you, as the reader, will be asked to participate.

So here goes....

Hi.  My name is Amanda and I was born on July 25th, 1982.  I would describe myself as hyperactive, fun loving, energetic, and intelligent.  I love to be able to have a good time and enjoy going to festivals and concerts.  In fact, I can't wait until all of my children are able to really go to these events with us and really enjoy themselves as well.  I love that you can have special family moments that might not be right for someone else's family that can be simply perfect for your own.  All people should remember this and remember not to judge each other.  It is important to realize that there are people who are great parents who make choices that you would not make but that does not mean that they are any less of a parent.

I have always loved writing so a blog was a very natural thing for me.  In fact this blog has been two years in the making.  I have played around on Blogger to test out things.  I have practiced writing in different styles to show to others to see what they think and I have attempted some other projects to get the information that was needed for me to bring Everything For Modern Moms to you.   I am also doing a second blog where you can follow my weight loss journey Finding My New Body By Visalus.  I have struggled with my weight my entire life but no where near the same as how I have struggled after I had my third and fourth babies.

I am a freelance writer and I make my living writing as well so I am really writing all of the time during my free time.  It is easy for me because I really love it. 

I am mom to four amazing children.  Andrew is 9 and very smart and funny.  He is always looking for unique ways to do things and he is constantly inventing things and coming up with new ideas.  Althea is 3 and is adorable and such a dainty little girl.  She loves ballet, princesses, and mermaids.  She makes me smile all of the time and reminds me of what it was like to be young.  I love how youthful I can be with her and I especially love reading to her and playing things like Barbies.  Huxley is 2 and one neat little boy.  He is so creative and he constantly is teaching me things.  I love how he is able to navigate through the iPod and iPad better than his mommy.  To top it all off he is so funny.  Adeline is just 5 months old and a very lucky baby.  I am reminded all of the time that I am so lucky to have these four little miracles in my life. 

I try my hardest to focus on this to be able to avoid thinking negatively with my children even in the  most negative of situations.  There are times when I'd love to be sleeping but Miss Adeline wants to play at 2 am.  In the end I keep reminding myself that one day she will be all grown up and these years will be over.  This season of my life is amazing and one that I truly enjoy so much so I cherish those time when she wakes me up, constantly reminding myself that she is not always going to be little and that this time will soon be over with her.  Sometimes I hate to sleep at all for fear of missing a moment with them.  It seems like I woke up one day and Andrew was four or five and I just am not ready for them to all be big kids.

I feel so blessed to be a big stay at home mom.  I love that I get to spend my time with these amazing children all day long and on the days that are long and hard I think about what I could be doing instead and well I continue to be able to see the bright in all things when  Ihave done that. 

I have two college degrees and am partially finished with a third.  I have an AA in Communications and Sociology.  I have a BOT BA with minors in Sociology and African American Studies and I am part way finished with my BA in Special Education.  I plan on working hard to get back in school and finish up this degree and in gaining my MA after my youngest is in first grade.  I plan on attempting to one day publish a book and I would eventually like to work in a college.  These are my long term goals and whether or not they will come true is something that I do not know about.  What I do know is that I am going to try my hardest to accomplish them.

So what are your hopes and dreams?  Do you feel like you are finished with certain things in life or are you like me where you would like to always be changing yourself for the better?

No comments:

Post a Comment