I'm So Glad to Get to Know You

Welcome to Everything For Modern Moms. This is my space to help all of you modern moms out there to find the products that you need and want. Keep in mind if there is something that you would like to see a review on that I would love to help you out. So please contact me, Amanda Miller, and let me know what you are looking for. Also keep in mind that is a great space for modern moms to come and hang out and I hope that it will become the go to for all of you modern moms looking for the things that you need. I am mom to four and I love babywearing, cloth diapering, and being able to stay home with my amazing children. Have fun looking around and make yourself at home!



USFamilyGuide.com



Saturday, November 3, 2012

Making it All Work

We all have families and we all have to figure out how to make our lives work.  In the past this was something that I found terribly challenging and something that was hard for me.  As I have gotten into my new routine I am learning how to make my life work for me.  Of course there are things that I wish that I could make different but I am really learning to let them go and to move on with my life, focusing strongly on all of the positive that is around me.

I am trying hard to remember all of the things that I am thankful for each day.  I have had some problems in the recent past with my computer that prevented me from being on here and posting as regularly as I should have been and for that I sincerely apologize. I love blogging and writing about my life and how I make things work for me.

I have four of the world's most amazing children and an amazing man to share my life with.  I try with every ounce of my being to be a positive person  and to enjoy life as it is.

In my house we have reached a stage where things can be hectic.  There are days that I feel like a horrible mommy because I just do not handle things with as much grace as I'd like to.  Today was one of those days that would be counted as a mom fail.  :( 

For me it is hard to try and be it all.  My biggest goal in life is to be the best mommy possible and then it is to be the best wife (or pseudo wife at this point since Shane has not popped the question).  One of my biggest challenges is trying to be the best at everything.  I attempt to do it all and to be perfect as I am doing so.  Sometimes this just does not work out but other times it does and those times are great. 

Today my children seemed to be into everything.  I had a headache and was stressed about my final night of training at my new job.  I just started working part time, for a while a lot more hours but once things slow down I will just work every other weekend.  I work for a Marriott branded hotel that is owned by a separate hospitality group.  The job is fairly easy and something that I actually enjoy.  As a third shift night audit it does not take too much away from my family and I love that.  It also is basically audit paperwork so I enjoy that as well.

I am planning on returning to school but am not sure when I want to start.  I know that now is the perfect time in some ways, during my down time at work I would be able to do my homework and then I would be completed with school around the time that my youngest would be starting kindergarten.  I would then be able to get a full or even just a part time job that would utilize a bigger skill set and help me to be able to earn more income for our family.

I love being a stay at home mom so this transition is hard on me.  The hardest part for me has been all of the extra hours in training which has meant that I have had to spend more hours away from my family.  The only thing that has worked out well with this is that I am going to be able to have the best of both worlds when this time is over.  Plus I am getting the opportunity to make more money during this time which is sure helping us out for Christmas.

I have so many "Christmas" related bills to pay for and a weekend away planned with my children in Indianapolis.  I am excited but a bit stressed that we will be traveling so much in December and that we have so much going on up until then.

No comments:

Post a Comment