I'm So Glad to Get to Know You

Welcome to Everything For Modern Moms. This is my space to help all of you modern moms out there to find the products that you need and want. Keep in mind if there is something that you would like to see a review on that I would love to help you out. So please contact me, Amanda Miller, and let me know what you are looking for. Also keep in mind that is a great space for modern moms to come and hang out and I hope that it will become the go to for all of you modern moms looking for the things that you need. I am mom to four and I love babywearing, cloth diapering, and being able to stay home with my amazing children. Have fun looking around and make yourself at home!



USFamilyGuide.com



Friday, November 23, 2012

My Decision to Go Back to Work, Well Sort Of

First off let me state that I love being a stay at home mom and that I have never regretted my decision to give up working to stay at home with my kids.  However that being said I am a very social person and I have a hard time with being in the house all of the time without being able to be social with others.  So with this I have been attempting to go back to work on a minimal part time basis for some time.  I have four kids so I do not want to have a job that is going to take away from them but I did want something that would allow me to have a little extra spending money so that I could do fun things with them from time to time.  I wanted to be able to go places and enjoy our time together as well. 

So with this I started looking for a job about three years ago.  However I only wanted to work part time and only every other weekend so I had a hard time finding something.  The job that I did get just kind of fell into my lap after I had been applying for holiday jobs and desperately searching for a way to be able to have the extra money that we needed for the holidays. 

I was lucky enough to stumble upon a 3rd shift night auditor job at a Fairfield Inn and Suites.  The pay is above minimum wage and actually what I was making working full time as a social worker.  Plus I was lucky enough to get the added benefit of being able to work with great bosses and other employees that have made me feel welcome.

The job is easy and sometimes the worst part is that there is too much down time and I get bored.  I have found that I can be more productive with my freelancing during this time and that if I write when I get into that position that I can get a lot done. 

Until they were able to hire and train someone I did have to work every weekend and have been quite tired in doing so.  Don't get me wrong, it is not that I do not appreciate the job that I have been given but I am definitely ready to have every other weekend off to enjoy my family to the fullest.  I have some things that I will be working on these next few weeks and I have a great weekend planned for the family on my first weekend off of work.

My plans are, as follows, going to Build A Bear and getting a hotel room to relax and enjoy swimming with grandma and grandpa.  I get a great bonus on cheap hotel stays and love that I can enjoy the relaxation and benefits of a hotel with little money invested during this time.  Again I am thankful for what I have been given and that it is a job that I really enjoy but I will be very happy to finally be in a position where I can use the money that I am making on fun family activities instead of being tired during the day while I am with them.  I am so ready to be able to have fun doing activities together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment