I'm So Glad to Get to Know You

Welcome to Everything For Modern Moms. This is my space to help all of you modern moms out there to find the products that you need and want. Keep in mind if there is something that you would like to see a review on that I would love to help you out. So please contact me, Amanda Miller, and let me know what you are looking for. Also keep in mind that is a great space for modern moms to come and hang out and I hope that it will become the go to for all of you modern moms looking for the things that you need. I am mom to four and I love babywearing, cloth diapering, and being able to stay home with my amazing children. Have fun looking around and make yourself at home!



USFamilyGuide.com



Monday, April 9, 2012

Crafty Fun: DIY Storage Totes for Cheap!!!


I am not terribly crafty. I can do simple things but nothing too difficult. Recently we have decided on how we will be redecorating our kids' rooms so it was easy for me to decide that I wanted storage that was going to match their themes in their rooms. However it was hard to find affordable items for storing their things. So I decided that I would get my craft on.
When I did this I first decided to visit the fabric store. I picked up 1/4 yard of fabric in prints that would match their themes. I chose different owls for the younger three since their room is going to be done in owls. I then chose a music one for my oldest as he will be having a rock n roll room. I chose a variety of different ribbons that matched the materials as well. All in all it was not an expensive purchase.
My next stop was Wal-Mart where I was looking for a bucket or something to decorate. What I ended up with is large sized rubber planters. I chose ones that were designed like a bucket for the boys and ones that were designed like a flower for the girls. I then simply cut the fabric in half lengthwise, used craft glue to glue the strip around the middle and then added a ribbon trim to both the top and bottom. This is all that it took and in my opinion the results were definitely worth it. You can let me know what you think. :) Oh and best of all is that it was done for less than $10 each, so in comparison to decorated totes of similar size for storage it was about 1/4th of the cost.

No comments:

Post a Comment