I'm So Glad to Get to Know You

Welcome to Everything For Modern Moms. This is my space to help all of you modern moms out there to find the products that you need and want. Keep in mind if there is something that you would like to see a review on that I would love to help you out. So please contact me, Amanda Miller, and let me know what you are looking for. Also keep in mind that is a great space for modern moms to come and hang out and I hope that it will become the go to for all of you modern moms looking for the things that you need. I am mom to four and I love babywearing, cloth diapering, and being able to stay home with my amazing children. Have fun looking around and make yourself at home!



USFamilyGuide.com



Sunday, July 8, 2012

Rave for ULTA

So I have to admit that I have a problem and that I am a cosmetics and product junky.  I love beautifying myself and getting goodies to use when I want to beautify.  I am in the process of being more simple and trading out my favorite brands which were Chanel, Lancome, and other high end and expensive brands.  Since I am a stay at home mom I just could no longer afford $200 jars of face cream.

What I have found is that the ULTA line of cosmetics is cheap but very high quality.  I was an employee of Sephora and I never liked their store brand.  I still drool every time that I walk into a Sephora and love the brands that they carry more than those that are carried at ULTA but I find that I can no longer afford those indulgences since I am no longer working.  What I have found though is that ULTA satisfies my craving for high end cosmetics and products and offers me tons of options that I love.

I just had to rave a bit because there are such awesome sales going on at ULTA right now.  I actually had been talking to my other half about how I want to reorganize my diaper bag and have everything ready to go instead of having to pack and unpack it all of the time.  So I have been wanting to buy some second products to have a small "to go" make up bag.  I am going to share all of the details of my diaper bag makeover after I get some goodies that are on their way to me.  I am excited to unveil this to you and show you all of the things that I want to accomplish and how neat and organized I can be.

Anyways I was able to just purchase foundation, powder, concealor, mouse blush, 2 eyeliners, mascara, and lip gloss for just $31.50.  Yes this was a huge sale.  It would have normally been a lot more and I was able to use a savings code to get free shipping.  I was so excited b/c I thought that I was going to have to wait a while to order the make up that I wanted.  Now I have it all on my way.  One of my next big projects is to go through all of my make up and organize it so that it is no longer a disaster or hard to find things.  I am excited to get this done and have all of my goodies available to me.

My next list of beauty purchases includes all new face care.  I want a morning cleanser, night time cleanser, mist--one of the things for my diaper bag make over, moisturizer for day, moisturizer for night, night time serum, treatment for my redness, eye cream, mask, exfoliator, and toner.  I think that I am going to try the following items.  If you have any experience with them or any feedback then I would appreciate hearing from you so that I can make sure that I get something that I like.

Morning Cleanser--Yes to Carrots Daily Cream Cleanser
Night Cleanser--So Totally Deep Pore Cleanser
Mist--Thermal Spring Water Facial Mist
Day Moisturizer (SPF is necessary here)--Yes to Cucumbers Soothing Sensitive Skin Daily Calming Moisturizer SPF 30
Night Moisturizer--Liquid Oxygen Anti Acne Facial Moisturizer
Night Serum--ULTA Daily Renewing Face Serum (my big splurge on the list!)
Redness Treatment--Rosacea Treatment Gel
Eye Cream--Yes to Cucumbers I love Cucumbers Soothing Eye Gel
Mask--Deep Down Detox Cleansing Mask
Toner--Liquid Oxygen Facial Toner

The best part of all of these is that the total cost is going to be right around $100 my old skin care regime was no where near this cheap.  In fact a couple of the products were more than the total on their own.  I am hoping that the results will be what I am looking for but in the end I know that I can not buy my old favorite creams and potions so I have to be willing to try something new and something else.  I am going to watch for sales but am a bit bummed that I don't have the money now b/c there are some good sales and I could get it all for about $90 shipped to me so I would save quite a bit.  I would even get some additional products when I save the money.  :)

Oh well, so is the life of the mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment