I'm So Glad to Get to Know You

Welcome to Everything For Modern Moms. This is my space to help all of you modern moms out there to find the products that you need and want. Keep in mind if there is something that you would like to see a review on that I would love to help you out. So please contact me, Amanda Miller, and let me know what you are looking for. Also keep in mind that is a great space for modern moms to come and hang out and I hope that it will become the go to for all of you modern moms looking for the things that you need. I am mom to four and I love babywearing, cloth diapering, and being able to stay home with my amazing children. Have fun looking around and make yourself at home!



USFamilyGuide.com



Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Things No One Told You About Being an Attached Parent

There are so many things that you hear when you are pregnant or a new mom.  One that I heard that I agreed with was that of attached parenting.  I want to be close to my kids and I love the idea of co-sleeping and babywearing.  I do both of these but there are some things that I have discovered about being an attached parent that no one ever told me.

1.  You will not go to the bathroom alone for some time.  I am not sure how long this is going to last.  My oldest is nine and even now when I am going to the bathroom he is knocking on the door and asking what I am doing or asking me questions.  I don't know why it is such a hard concept to grasp for children that when someone is going to the bathroom they want to be alone.  However I guess this is part of having my children attached.

2.  I never would have guessed how much I would love my favorite carrier.  I use my baby carrier for everything and wear her all of the time.  I started with a simple pouch but have since graduated and there is not a carrier style that I have not owned.  I am obsessed with wearing her and not many days go by in which she is not worn at least for a little bit.

3.  Co-sleeping is amazing.  I have such a strong bond and connection with my little ones but there is the fact that I have no idea when Shane and I will be able to share a bed again.  That's right my bed is typically shared with my little ones and Shane is typically on the couch.  I miss the intimacy that we had when we could lay in bed and talk to one another.

4.  I also never knew that such a little person could take up so much room in the bed.  Somehow my 2 1/2 year old is able to take up more room than Shane and I together.

5.  I could have never imagined all of the ill parenting advice that I would get becuase of my choices.  I love being told how my kids are going to be weird or that they are not going to be independent or be able to think on their own because I am too close with them.  Well they all have very strong opinions, in fact sometimes they are all a little more opinionated than I would like, and they are very willing to share those opinions whether or not they are asked.


I love my children and they are my life but sometimes being an attached parent is exhausting.  I tell Shane all of the time that I am way more tired after being mommy to our kids all day long than I ever was when I worked outside of the home.  My only hope is that I can raise happy and healthy children and I feel that this is what is going to help me achieve that goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment