I'm So Glad to Get to Know You

Welcome to Everything For Modern Moms. This is my space to help all of you modern moms out there to find the products that you need and want. Keep in mind if there is something that you would like to see a review on that I would love to help you out. So please contact me, Amanda Miller, and let me know what you are looking for. Also keep in mind that is a great space for modern moms to come and hang out and I hope that it will become the go to for all of you modern moms looking for the things that you need. I am mom to four and I love babywearing, cloth diapering, and being able to stay home with my amazing children. Have fun looking around and make yourself at home!



USFamilyGuide.com



Thursday, June 21, 2012

I lost 17 lbs in 30 days with Body by Visalus

So if you know me personally you know how hard my journey to my skinny jeans has really been on me.  I have never been super skinny and have always battled extra pounds but never as bad I have after the births of babies number 3 and 4. 

When I graduated from high school I thought that I was so fat when in reality I was a healthy size 12.  I know that this size might be huge for some and might be something that others call fat but for me that size was great.  However because I became so obsessed with what society and others had to say about me I ended up trying to lose weight from this size in any way that I could and a lot of them were vey unhealthy ways that I beleive have permanently damaged my body.  I tried to starve myself and when I would binge I would purge.  This landed me in the hospital but I was only weighing 130 lbs so in a way I didn't care how sick that I was.

Fast forward a few years and I had my son and was with his dad who was mean and abusive to me, mentally and emotionally.  I packed on the pounds.  I was 155 lbs when I became pregnant becuase I had gained some weight with a pregnancy that I lost late term.  I then was depressed and turned to food to make myself feel better.  I was unhappy with the situation that I was in and even more unhappy with who I was.  When I became pregnant with Andrew I gained 95 lbs by the time that he was born.  That's right, I weighed a whopping 250 lbs the day that he was born.  I quickly lost most of the weight and hovered at the 180 lb mark or a size 14 for years.  I was still unhappy and after getting out of the relationship with his dad I was finally able to shed some pounds. 

It was during this time that I met my second ex husband who was not as bad as the first but was still not the right person for me.  We ended up getting married quickly so that I could move to Indianapolis to be with him.  It was great living there and I was happy and I dropped ten pounds quickly and stayed between 165-170 lbs for most of the time.  When things in our relationship started going south I started gaining weight and I got up to 190 lbs again.  I was so scared of hitting that 200 lb mark.  It was around this time that we decided that we were going to separate.  I then met Shane and my weight started coming off pretty easily.  I got back down to 155 lbs and then became pregnant with Althea.

While I was pregnant with Althea I gained a ton of weight again and ended up at 253 lbs by the time that she was born.  I was huge again but after she was born things were going smoothly in my life and I lost the weight quickly.  I was back down to 173 lbs by the time that I got pregnant with Huxley.  I gained some weight with him, not as much as with the first two but I was still 247 lbs when he was born.  I was huge again but this time after having the baby the weight did not fall off.  It was a struggle and I continually tried to lose weight only to gain it all back.  I lost down to a low point of 207 but had gained ten pounds back so that I was 217 lbs when I became pregnant with Miss Adeline.  I didn't gain as much weight with her but I still topped out around 257 lbs when she was born.  I was thankful that I did not gain as much as I had with the first two because I would have been over 300 lbs and I have no idea if I could have handled that emotionally or not as this was hard enough.

After giving birth the first part of the weight came off with ease.  I was down to 227 lbs and that was the point at which I stuck this time.  I would lose weight and get as low as 222 lbs and then put that 5 lbs back on.  At one point I thought that I would never again be able to get smaller and that I would be stuck at this size 16 for the rest of my life.  This was when I discovered Body by Visalus.  I had attempted a bunch of other things to lose weight but nothing was working. 

I attempted a 90 day challenge, became frustrated and quit.  I then was strongly encouraged by my distributor Jeremiah who helped me to become what I am today....stronger.  He was so encouraging that when I felt like giving up I was compelled to give the challenge another try.  I started again and I will be honest I did not really put forth the efforts to lose weight during the first three weeks.  One thing after another seemed to be stacked against me and I just could not lose the weight.  However 9 days ago I clicked.  I started doing yoga every day on my Wii fit and I started eating a clean/mostly vegan diet.  I feel amazing.  My lifelong stomach ailments (chronic constipation to the point of having to take something like magnesium citrate just to go to the bathroom) were miraculously gone and I felt great.

In the first 7 days I lost 12 lbs.  I am here to admit that I am real.  I am just like you and I am going to struggle through these next pounds.  I decided that setting my big goal to weigh beween 125 and 145 lbs was just too much for me to think about.  So I decided to start smaller and set my first goal at weighing less than I did when Adeline was born.  I passed that goal this first seven days.  Then I put my mind to passing my next goal which is to be at my pre-Huxley weight of 173.  I have 37 lbs to go until I get to this weight. 

After I reach this goal I will be working on getting to my pre-Althea weight and then my dream weight.  I can not believe how easily this all clicked for me and I know that it can click for you too.  I believe in the product so much that I have become a Body by Vi distributor.  You can visit my webpage and get more information or you can email me.  I am happy to tell you about my journey and I would be more than happy to help you along on yours or to help you with your goals to be able to lose more weight.  Anything that I can do to help you get your weight loss and health goals in place, I will be willing to do.  Just contact me.  Even if you do not think that Body by Vi is for you, you are welcome to contact me about cleaner eating and how my journey to becoming a vegan is going.

No comments:

Post a Comment